Sprites 'n' Sprouts Sell It
Has your child out-grown their wardrobe?
Need to down-size but don't want to have a yard sale?
Have your child's toys overtaken the house?
We can help!
Now, you can consign items at our store, in addition to
our original buying option.
1. From April thru July, we will only be accepting items on Monday's from 9:00a to 2:00p or by special arrangement. You are allowed 1 tote or container no larger than 18-22 gallon in size along with 2 larger items that do not fit in a box or tote (i.e Swing, pack n play, etc). If you only have gear or large items to sell, please call us and we will set up a time for you to bring those items in when we can go through them on the same day.
2. All clothing MUST be freshly laundered and toys should be CLEAN and come with ALL pieces. **Please do not pin, tape or otherwise attach clothing items together, this damages the clothing and we will not consider these items. If your items require any "help" to sell (i.e. washing, ironing, lint shaving, etc) then we will take 30% off of your offered total. If your items need excessive cleaning then you will be called and asked to pick them back up. You will be given until the end of the next business day to come back in and collect your containers, if you have not picked them up by then, we will consider them a donation to the store and will proceed accordingly.
3. If there are bugs of an infectious nature (i.e. bed bugs, cockroaches, etc) in your container or toys, regardless of weather, your items will be placed outside and you will be called immediately. You will be given 1 hour to come back in and get your items, after 1 hour we will take your items to the dumpster.
4. When you bring your items in, you will be asked to fill out an agreement slip, stating that you agree to the terms we have listed and we will give you our best estimate on when we will have your items sorted.
5. Once we have an offer ready we will call you. You will have 3 days, after we call, to come back into the store and go over the offer we are making. If you have not come in or made arrangements with our staff, we will consider this to be acceptance of our offer and you will be given store credit for the items that we want, the rest will be donated to a local charity. We will keep your container until the end of that current week, if you have not picked it up by that time it will become property of Sprites N Sprouts.
6. You will be given a lump sum total on the items that we want to buy, this is non-negotiable, however you are not penalized for refusing our offer. Due to the recent influx of items, Sprites 'N' Sprouts, LLC will now make payments in store credit only, with the exception of gear, furniture and larger toys/items. Special arrangement may be made if you no longer have children within the sizes of clothing we carry.
**Sprites 'N' Sprouts reserves the right to put a hold on taking new items at anytime we feel that we have enough in stock. We also reserve the right to change these rules at any time without prior notification.
Rules for bringing items in to sell:
1. Clothing items brought in for consignment must be for current season. You are allowed to bring in 50 clothing items per consignment period along with 10 toys, shoes or gear items. Outfits and pajama sets count as 1 item. All clothing must have legible brand and size marking, and must be free from stains, smells, tears, or other defects.
2. All gear or non-clothing items must meet the following criteria:
- Item has not been recalled
- Item is clean and in saleable condition **If items require cleaning, a fee of no less than $10.00 will be charged**
- Multiple toys being sold together (ex: Matchbox cars, play food, etc) or pieces that accompany a larger toy (ex: dollhouse with dolls, sorter with shapes, etc) must be in a clear bag or container. Staff needs to inspect all pieces; please do not permanently seal bags.
- Item has all necessary pieces, straps, etc and is assembled/ready to use
- Item has working batteries/power cord included
*If items requires batteries and they are not included, a $2.00 fee per item will be charged**
3. Prior to bringing items in for consignment, all clothing items must be layered flat in a box or a tote and must be listed with the size, brand, description and the price you want to ask for each item. List should be in order of clothing stack with top of list matching top item in box. Toys and gear should be last items on your list. Items must be priced for at least $1.00 and in increments of $.25.
**List example: 3T Gap Kids Red Tank Top $3.25 or Bright Starts Pink Playmat $10.00
4. Please allow 15-30 minutes at time of drop off. At the time you bring your items in, an employee will go through your items to make sure they meet our criteria, any items that do not pass with be given back before you leave the store. After items are checked in consignor is responsible for hanging items. SNS will provide hangers and clips.
5. Items will be consigned at the price of your choosing (within reason) for 1 calendar month. Any items not sold after that time, will be reduced 50% for clothing items and 20% for gear or large ticket items, for 1 additional calendar month. If you have questions on pricing please call us and we will give you some tips.
6. All items brought in for consignment will be paid out at a rate of 60% to the consignor and 40% to Sprites 'N' Sprouts.
7. Any items not sold after 2 calendar months, must be claimed with 7 calendar days following the 1st Tuesday of the 3rd month. Sprites 'N' Sprouts will attempt to contact you once. Any items not claimed will become property of Sprites 'N' Sprouts. Checks can be mailed for a fee of $1.00.
8. Payments to consignor will be available on the first Tuesday following the end of the 2nd month during normal business hours.
9. Sprites 'N' Sprouts will not be held responsible for any damage, theft, or mishap that may occur while items are in the store